Stanton House have been mandated to find a talented and dedicated Head of Finance for one of the fastest growing consumer goods companies in the UK. As the CFOs right hand, youll need to learn the business quickly, be flexible in style and approach and work well with senior leaders to support them in delivering commercial solutions.
As the Financial Controller, youll look at the ways of working and be a change agent, pushing boundaries within Finance, you will be audacious and innovative in your approach, improving procedures and process. As part of your role you will provide an accurate, up to date financial picture of the periodic performance, to support and assist the senior leadership team in making key decisions which will shape the overall strategy and direction of the business.
Responsibilities include but arent limited to:
* Managing, leading and developing the Finance team, which includes Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, supported by the Senior Finance Manager, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of service and effective cash flow planning.
* Managing, developing and collaborating with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure we have a fully functional high performing Finance team
* Continuously checking in with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure the team KPIs are on track
* Accountable for the accuracy of all monthly financial information, including gross margin reports, cost centre reports, divisional P&Ls, cash flows and balance sheet reconciliations for the business.
* Creating, developing and implementing accounting policies that are appropriate for the business and strengthen internal controls. Leading a strong financial control environment
* Responsible for embedding the necessary accounting and internal controls to ensure the reliability of all month end actuals and quarterly forecasts.
Skills, Qualifications & Profile
* Degree educated in a relevant discipline with a 2.1 or higher
* Either ACA qualified from a top 6 accounting firm OR CIMA qualified through a major graduate/rotation programme
* Experience within a large FMCG or retail business
* Have worked in, and understand the nuances of, a smaller fast-growth business
* A systems head with experience using NetSuite would be an advantage
* Building, managing, motivating and developing high performing Finance teams
* A natural ability to build strong relationship with senior stakeholders.
* Experience of full year end audit preparation, including production of statutory accounts
* Experience of UK tax reporting, with exposure to international regulations an advantage
* Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and are at ease with proposing, justifying, initiating and implementing change