Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Purpose of policy
This policy describes how Stanton House Ltd collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time. This version is dated May 2018.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Stanton House Ltd, will collect and use your personal data to help you in your search for a new Interim or Permanent opportunity, attract or hire new talent to your organisation or to provide us with your services.
Why does Stanton House Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide recruitment solutions we need to collect personal data. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for mass marketing purposes Stanton House Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Stanton House Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Stanton House Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Stanton House Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Stanton House Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Stanton House Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Stanton House Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
When will Stanton House Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. We will contact you from time to time, when we feel there is a compelling reason to discuss our services with you.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Stanton House Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Stanton House Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the GDPR Owner, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Stanton House Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
To avoid personal data about an individual being passed to an individual other than the correct data subject, either accidently or as a result of deception, we need to take reasonable steps to confirm your identity.
The exact requirements will depend on a risk assessment of the possible harm and distress your request may result in. Details will be provided upon acceptance of your Subject Access Request and this may include, but not be limited to; Passport, driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill (dated in the last 3 months).
Contact details of the GDPR Owner:
Stanton House Limited,
25 Farringdon Street
0203 823 9300
The following privacy notices are available by visiting the links below: